Thursday, March 1, 2018

It's All in How You Look at It ~ #SOL18

Here it is March and time for a daily Slice of my Life. Hmm, let's see, pretty normal day, I guess. Well, except maybe for the fact that everyone and everything in my surroundings has the potential of becoming a character, setting, or plot twist in amongst the ever-cranking gears in my head. Take, for instance, today. My coworker and I visited on the way in this morning, and she shared a slice of her life with me. It seems a client of her husband's recently passed away during a series of odd events. I listened, said a few words, said I was sorry to hear about the loss of the client, and then I ran to my cubby to secretly make notes about these strange circumstances surrounding the person's death. Before you run away screaming, let me finish.

I'll go ahead and throw this out there, too. The person died of natural causes. In my mind, though, there were so many possibilities surrounding the story, I just had to get it on paper. I guess I'm more predictable than I like to think because my friend leaned back in her chair and said across the way, "There's some fodder for one of your stories." Busted.

That's the way of it.  Since the mystery bug has bitten me, everything I see or hear is fair game. Even snippets of conversation can plant a seed, which leaves me to wonder if I'm the only one who watches people and makes up their backstories while waiting in line at Wal-Mart.

And the photos. So many photos. All possibilities. Just a simple tree in the park where I have lunch much of the year, can take on new life...



with the addition of a filter or two.


  

Just so I don't leave you worrying about my well-being :). I'll go ahead and tell you how all of my stories end... the good gal always wins!

God bless.

What's spinning on your story wheels right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There,
Welcome to the Brush and Plume! What is on your mind?