Sunday, March 26, 2017

Full Steam Ahead - Take the Journey

This blog sat dormant for the last three months.  One day I would open it to delete it.  The next I would decide I would wait until I knew something about writing before sharing with others.  I have struggled to find my place as a Christian in the world of novel writing.  How does it all fit together?

I have decided I either have to get out of the boat or go home.  I took stock of what I know.  I have spent ten years studying how to write a novel, but I have nothing to show for it.  Why?  Because I spent all of my time thinking I needed to read one more book or listen to one more podcast before I could venture into writing a book.  Have you been there?  Stop it.  Enough is enough.  Put the words on the page - good or bad - get them on the page.  That is what I am doing, and I have decided to share the journey with you.  Aspiring writers hear from accomplished authors all the time, but wouldn't it be nice to know you are not alone in trying this for the first time?

Let's do this together.  I would like to know I have company in the journey, so please visit often and share ideas, questions, resources, and encouraging words for each other.  I don't expect this blog to take off over night, but I would love to know that you dropped by via a comment.

And remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There,
Welcome to the Brush and Plume! What is on your mind?